Successfully incorporated in the Netherlands in March 2009, Stichting BRAC International can be described as a general welfare institution that threads together BRAC International’s diverse development programmes around the globe into one unique garment. Our activities focus on long term sustainable poverty reduction. Our unique holistic approach to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor include a range of core programmes in economic and social development, health, education, human rights and legal services, as well as disaster management.
We are based in the Netherlands and our reach is far greater as we are incorporating our operations in Africa and Asia under Stichting BRAC International. We plan to expand our presence in other countries in the near future.
How Stichting BRAC International is structured
Our current operations in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Philippines, Myanmar and Nepal are brought under Stichting BRAC International. In each of these countries, entities are legally registered with the relevant authorities.
Stichting BRAC International’s vision is of a just, enlightened, healthy, and democratic world free from hunger, poverty, environmental degradation, and all forms of exploitation based on age, sex, and ethnicity.
Our mission is to work with people whose lives are dominated by extreme poverty, illiteracy, disease, and other disadvantages. With a holistic approach, we strive to bring about positive changes in the quality of life of the poor.
We achieve our mission by:
- Working with the poor and disadvantaged members of the society especially women and children
- Mitigating the threat of poverty
- Engaging in multifaceted interventions for large scale poverty alleviation
- Working towards attaining socially, financially, and environmentally sustainable programs
- Promoting human rights, dignity, and gender equality
- Helping to shape national and global policies on poverty reduction and social progress
- Fostering the development of human potential
- Working towards the advancement of education
- The provision of general public health, education, and water
- Promoting arts and sciences
- Encouraging research in the fields of human well being
Stichting BRAC International aims to contribute to welfare activities to alleviate poverty and improve the lives of the poor. In line with the sustainable development goals (SDGs), Stichting BRAC International will work to:
- End poverty and hunger
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities
- Promote gender equality and empower women
- Improve maternal health
- Control HIV/AIDS, Maleria, and other diseases
- Ensure environmental sustainability
- Develop a global partnership to development
Stichting BRAC International will receive grants, charities, and other assistance to the attainment of its goals.