- Research Report: Road Safety in Bangladesh - Ground Realities and Action Imperatives [Download]
- Action Research Report: Promoting Road Safety through Community Education Programme [Download]
- Research Report: Heavy Vehicle Drivers in Bangladesh - An Ethnography [Download]
- Project Completion Report: Road Safety Public Awareness Campaign on Dhaka-Sylhet Highway [Download]
- Project Completion: Report Road Safety Awareness Campaign in Bangladesh with special focus on Patuakhali - Amtoli Road [Download]
- Annexes of Project Completion Report: (Volume-II) Road Safety Awareness Campaign in Bangladesh with special focus on Patuakhali - Amtoli Road [Download]
- Project Completion Report: Road Safety Awareness Campaign for School Students under LGEDs RIIP-RDP-25 in Barisal and Khulna Division [Download]
- Seminar Report: Launch of International Guidelines on CRSE [Download]
- Workshop Report: Road Safety Public Awareness Campaign on Dhaka-Sylhet Highway A GO-NGO Collaboration [Download]
After detailed consultation with professionals, community members and field tests at campaign areas, BRAC developed IEC materials and used those in multiple road safety campaigns. We have produced different posters and a flipchart to disseminate them widely with road safety institutions, educational institutions, CBO's and NGO's for use in their road safety training activities. In some project areas, billboards carrying road safety messages were installed. Others included the development and broadcasting of road safety advertisements on national television.
- Flip chart: A 14 page well-researched colourful flip chart has been prepared and is being used for pedestrian, children, community and drivers education on road safety.
View flip charts developed by BRAC
- Poster: Three posters have been produced on awareness of pedestrians and proper use of road engineering facilities.
View posters developed by BRAC
- Billboard: A total of 12 large billboards containing road safety messages and instructions have been designed and installed at 12 important spots beside Dhaka-Sylhet and Barisal-Kuakata highway.
- Video training material:
- A 19 minute video training film was produced for road safety awareness of pedestrians and public transport passengers. The film is being used for the education of roadside communities with the help of multimedia projectors.
- A 44 minute video film was produced for road safety training of commercial vehicle drivers. The film is being used for road safety awareness of drivers at transport terminals.
- Baro Bidhi (12 Rules): A set of 12 do’s and don’ts has been prepared for over 4500 motorcycle riding field workers of BRAC.
- Reflective stickers:
For making rickshaws visible at night, honeycomb reflective stickers were used. The highly visible stickers were pasted on the backs of rickshaws and rickshaw vans.
- Animation films:
An animated film on road safety titled “Lal, Holud aar Shobuj (Red, Yellow and Green)” was created and piloted on local cable TV channels in 2004. Under World Bank’s Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance Project - III, another four episodes were produced and aired on the state run Bangladesh Television (BTV) in 2005. With further support of the Royal Danish Embassy, four more episodes were produced and aired on BTV in 2007.
- Booklet for quiz competition:
A booklet on how to behave safely on the road was developed for students. The students were quizzed later based on their learnings.
- Booklet for professional motor vehicle drivers:
Designed for in-service drivers, the booklet aimed to help them remember the knowledge that they have gained at the training. As many of them are illiterate, the booklet is mostly illustration based with supplementary texts.