BRAC plans to initiate a countrywide Safe Women Migration programme. BRAC’s future plan also includes intensive safe migration facilitation and advocacy initiatives at all 64 upazillas to ensure migration friendly environment as well as long term benefits for the migrant workers.
The goal of this programme is to ensure improved livelihood of Bangladeshi migrant workers and their family members through human rights promotion and protection.
• To ensure safe migration of Bangladeshi migrant workers through awareness building and education
• To reduce social vulnerabilities of migrants and their family members through increased access to essential information and services
• To facilitate socioeconomic reintegration of returnee migrant workers
• To influence migration policy and procedures through advocacy, networking and media mobilisation
• To promote innovation and best practices for improving safe migration from Bangladesh