When : March 28-30, 2014
Where : Savar, Bangladesh (30 km. from Dhaka)
Arrive on the 26th to participate in a daylong exposure visit of BRAC’s programs!
Why scaling digitally?
As organizations switch to digital, opportunities for new types of programs and decision-making emerge. Simultaneously, many are exploring digital information systems to figure out how to do more with their data. Some exciting examples from the global South include:
- Financial institutions are going cashless, saving time and money for clients
- Humanitarian relief is dispersed to affected households via mobile money, much faster than relief teams can get there physically
- Start-ups are experimenting with ways to create credit scores for the unbanked based on their mobile phone activity
- Programs for vulnerable households are developing data-driven algorithms to better predict and respond to emerging challenges
- New crowd-sourcing platforms bring collective data to citizens, empowering them to engage their governments in new ways
Will you be part of the digital revolution?
At the 2014 Frugal Innovation Forum, we’ll explore when it makes sense to go digital, how to make a switch, and suggestions on designing effective information systems.
FAQ's and information about fees and exposure visits
Want to know more about the Frugal Innovation Forum?
Blogs and articles
The Challenge of Scaling Digitally
Scaling Digitally: Does scaling technology have to mean losing the human touch?
2014: time to scale digitally
The decidedly not flat world of data
Read about the 2013 event and take-away messages in the Stanford Social Innovation Review: So we’ve scaled up, now what?
Follow us on twitter #scalefrugal
Organized by the Social Innovation Lab.