Take Action in Your Community
It's easy, now You and your group can fundraise for BRAC!
Tips on hosting a fundraising event for BRAC
1. Form a Task Force.
The Task Force should spend significant time learning about poverty in Africa and Asia. After educating themselves about the myriad challenges in these areas, the Task Force should work to focus in on a region and specific topic that is consistent with the community’s interests and mission.
2. Contact a member of BRAC USA (see contact below)
A staff member at BRAC USA can help you to identify a specific area of interest or project that BRAC is working on.
We can also put you in touch with members of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fairfax, VA's Ending Global Poverty Task Force, who successfully raised nearly $30,000 for our education programme in Northern Uganda.
3.) Educate your community
- Bring in a speaker that specializes in the geographic region or topic of
- Invite a BRAC staff member or Advisory Council member to speak to your organization
- Show a film specific to the cause
- Invite musical groups or performers that come from your chosen region
4.) Start fundraising!
- Network and invite people to events about BRAC
- Hold a dinner featuring speakers, music, art or performances from the region
- Host musical events or shows of people from the region
- Hold a “Share the plate month” – declare one month where a certain percentage of funds donated to a faith group will go to your BRAC project
5.) Some specifics on how the Ending Global Poverty Task Force conducted their campaign:
- A congregation educational program ensued in September and October. An area specialist on Africa spoke at one event, and an area expert on poverty spoke at another. There was a film night in which the movie War Dance was played.
- An extensive phone calling effort by all the members of the committee reached about 500 members of the congregation.
- The major November fundraising dinner featured African music presented by area performers and talks about BRAC and poverty in Africa.
- Another important fundraising event, a concert by the interdenominational gospel music choir “Mosaic Harmony,” was also successful.
- The drive was topped off in December with a “share the plate” month in which one third of cash presented in the offerings was also donated to BRAC.
- Major donors were included in the congregation, and the fundraising goal was met.
If you or your organization is interested in fundraising for BRAC, please contact: